Audio By Carbonatix
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) says it is confident that an application filed at the Supreme Court challenging a High Court decision on the Kpandai parliamentary seat will be dismissed.
Deputy Director of Elections and IT of the NDC, Rashid Tanko Computer, expressed the party’s confidence in an interview on Joy FM’s Top Story, insisting that the case lacks merit.
“We are confident that tomorrow they will dismiss it. They have no business being at the Supreme Court. It has no basis, and we are very sure that the law will do justice by dismissing it. They [the NPP] have no case,” Mr Tanko stated.
The comments come ahead of the Supreme Court’s scheduled hearing on Tuesday of an application filed by Matthew Nyindam over the Kpandai parliamentary seat. Mr Nyindam is seeking to overturn a High Court judgement that annulled his 2024 election victory.
Responding to questions on whether all parties involved had been properly served with court processes, Mr Tanko disclosed that the NDC and its candidate, Daniel Wakpal, had not been officially notified as of Monday, December 15.
He added that he had personally contacted the party’s candidate, who confirmed that he was not aware of any service of process.
“I called him, and he said he is not aware and that he has not been served. So, well, let’s see what happens,” Mr Tanko added.
He further stated that since the NDC candidate has not been served, the hearing cannot happen.
The Supreme Court’s decision is expected to have significant implications for the ongoing dispute surrounding the Kpandai seat and the planned parliamentary rerun in the constituency, which is scheduled for December 30.
Latest Stories
-
Kenyan court rules parts of law criminalising consensual sex between adolescents invalid
5 minutes -
I brag to my colleagues about being a graduate – Davido
14 minutes -
I used to run to Don Jazzy’s room to cry during hard times – Tiwa Savage
23 minutes -
Nigerian music stars, Wizkid, Asake, Tems and Burna Boy nominated for 2026 BET Awards
33 minutes -
Wizkid becomes first African artiste to hit 11 billion Spotify streams
44 minutes -
At Cannes, Almodovar says artists have duty to speak out against ‘monsters’ like Trump
53 minutes -
As cocoa prices melt down, real chocolate is making a comeback
1 hour -
UK agrees £3.7bn trade deal with six Gulf states
1 hour -
SpaceX aims for 10,000 annual launches within five years, FAA says
1 hour -
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
3 hours -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
3 hours -
TikTok and YouTube ‘not safe enough’ for kids, says Ofcom
4 hours -
Samsung strike on hold – but the fight isn’t over yet. Why?
4 hours -
US charges Cuba’s Raúl Castro with murder over 1996 downing of two planes
4 hours -
A time will come they must step aside – Kwakye Ofosu warns ambitious appointees
4 hours