Tennis superstar and 20-time grand slam champion Novak Djokovic lost his Olympic men’s singles semifinal to Germany’s Alexander Zverev 6-1, 3-6, 1-6.
This also ends the Serbian’s quest to achieve a “Golden Slam,” which is when a tennis player wins the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, the US Open and the Olympics in one calendar year.
Steffi Graf, who did it in 1988, is the only player – male or female – to achieve the feat thus far.
Djokovic, a four-time Olympian, has never won a gold medal at the Games.
Djokovic and Spain’s Pablo Carreño Busta will fight it out for the bronze medal.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- I had the ‘perfect’ body but I hated it
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids
- Ghana to send nurses to UK in exchange for money – Health Minister announces
- Soften your stance, engage bondholders on debt restructuring – government advised
- Completion of Tema-Mpakadan Railway Project to open businesses around Volta Lake – Akufo-Addo
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Digicraft wins Advertising Agency of the Decade Award
- Morocco erupts in ecstasy after historic World Cup win
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- Unhappy MTN customers besiege office
- Nigeria imposes restrictions on cash withdrawals
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, December 7, 2022