Don’t lose hope. These couples have made it work.
You know all you ever hear about in Hollywood is who is breaking up with who, and who is recovering from being dumped.
But what about all of the longest Hollywood marriages who have been together forever and a day? When both people in the relationship are famous, it can be increasingly difficult to fit two egos and careers inside one house, but these examples of long-lasting love are great examples of making it work.
Let’s take a moment to salute those couples whose love has gone the distance in the longest Hollywood marriages.
1. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson met on the set of the movie Volunteers in 1985. The couple married in 1988 and they have never looked back.
As a Hollywood couple, the two work together and support each other in both their personal and professional lives. Rita supports all his career decisions and she even coached him on his accent for The Terminal, where he played office gopher while she produced the blockbuster My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
The couple has two children together, and Hanks has two other children from his previous marriage to Samantha Lewes.
2. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith
The couple first met when she tried out for an episode of Will’s television show, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, in 1990. Will and Jada married in 1997.
The very close couple raised three children together — two children are their own, while Trey is Will’s son from a prior relationship. They both have agreed that divorce is not an option, and the couple works very hard on both their careers and their marriage.
3. Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman
Though the couple is allegedly separated, Perlman has said she will never divorce DeVito.
The couple has one of the longest marriages in recent Hollywood history. The two are notoriously private about their relationship, but they do have three children from their long union.
4. Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas
This couple has been married for almost 20 years.
Their reported prenuptial agreement states that Michael would owe her millions if he was caught in the act of any indiscretion during their marriage. He seems to have left his womanizer ways and has settled down.
Douglas reportedly said, “I want to father your children” when he met Zeta Jones. And they’ve done just that. The couple has had three children.
5. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
This couple has been married for 23 years. They were originally introduced by the actress’ brother.
The couple was married in an old synagogue that was no longer used for services, but they were able to have a rather traditional marriage. The very private couple gravitates toward traditional relationship values for their marriage and their children.
They had a son in 2002, whose name is James Wilkie. And in 2009, the couple had twins, Tabitha and Marion.
6. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick
Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick are another couple in a long-standing marriage. They were married in 1988 after starring in a PBS movie together.
This 32-year-long marriage remains strong. Together, they had two children and have a long history of working together.
Not only has the couple worked together on multiple films, but Kevin has directed some of the episodes of Kyra’s hit tv show, The Closer.
7. Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon Osborne
Ozzy and Sharon married when he had moved under her father’s management in 1982. They have had one of the longest marriages in music history.
The couple survived Ozzy’s rampant drug use, bouts of physical violence, Sharon’s cancer, and his diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. The couple, who has three children together, are still married, even after they starred on their own reality television hit series, The Osbournes, which made their name famous.
8. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
This couple still makes this list, even though the actor passed away from a private battle with cancer in 2008.
The couple had been married since 1958 and celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in 2008, right before Newman died.
One of the most respected marriages and the longest standing in Hollywood history, Newman was notoriously faithful to his beautiful wife, famously stating in an interview, “Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?”
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 15 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022