The Inspector General of Police Dr George Akuffo Dampare says transport operators with no accident rates will be rewarded at the end of every year.
This, according to the IGP, is to encourage drivers to prioritise safety during festive seasons.
“We will start rewarding intercity buses with low accident rates end of every year,” said the IGP.
Dr Akuffo Dampare made this announcement after visiting some bus terminals on Friday together with some police Management Board members to ask drivers and travellers to observe road safety this Easter season.
As the Easter holiday season begins. Many people are travelling to other parts of the country to celebrate with family and friends in an effort to promote road safety and encourage responsible driving habits during the season.
As a result, Dr Akuffo Dampare advised drivers to avoid speeding on the roads, and he also urged passengers not to force drivers to speed.
- MTN MoMo, ECG and Hubtel partner to provide enhanced Bill Payment Solutions to customers
- Lionel Messi: I’ll like to be a sporting director after I retire
- Message from the Morning Man: Why Do You Do It?
- Labadi Beach gets a refresh on World Cleanup Day
- New York Police find drugs in trapdoor at fentanyl nursery
- Today’s front pages: Friday, September 22, 2023
- D-Black shows chats with Sefa on TV to prove ‘no intimate’ relationship
- Ghana Gas Company commences hospital construction at UENR
- ‘We kept doing what Moyes taught us’ – Mohammed Kudus explains West Ham’s comeback win
- Every eligible voter will be captured – EC Chair assures
- NPP is best party to develop Ghana – COP Alex Mensah
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Unleashing terror squad on peaceful protesters shameful, unacceptable – Minority to police
- Kwabena Owusu scores for Ferencvaros in win over Cukaricki
- Bernard Tekpetey provides two assists as Ludogorets thump Spartak Trnava
- Baba Rahman provides assist as PAOK beat HJK in five-goal thriller