A truck was seen burning on the Accra-Tema Motorway earlier today.
Snippets of the incident from social media show the vehicle in flames as passersby stand helplessly.
In subsequent videos, personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service were seen attempting to douse the inferno.
It is not clear yet what caused the accident which has slowed the pace of traffic on the stretch.
Vehicles that got to the scene on their commute meandered their ways around it.
I run into an accident scene where an articulated truck burnt to scrap on the motorway despite the arrival Ghana Fire Service and the MTTU is also here as measure to control traffic on the road. @kodwoboateng @TDzineku pic.twitter.com/qyWVCQOjaC— Yaw Amankwah Acheampong-Mensah (@YawAmankwahAM) September 23, 2022
Ghana fire service just got here pic.twitter.com/U950lqtXxH— SIKAOFFICIAL🦍 (@SIKAOFFICIAL1) September 23, 2022
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups
- Lordable Holm Ministry holds Thanksgiving and Testimony concert at Osu ICGC
- Akosua Adjepong eulogises her mum
- There will be no ban on cocoa from Ghana – EU Ambassador to Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana Foundation partners GES to launch STEM Teacher Awards
- NADMO, Military officers move to rescue Ashalaja flood victims