Audio By Carbonatix
Some Twitter users were unable to tweet on Wednesday after the website experienced technical problems.
Account holders received a message saying: "You are over the daily limit for sending Tweets."
The outage-tracking website DownDetector reported the glitch just before 22:00 GMT.
Elon Musk has slashed Twitter's workforce over the last few months since he acquired the platform last October for $44bn (£36.5bn).
Last month the Tesla and SpaceX boss said Twitter had about 2,300 employees - down from around 8,000 when he took over.
For months experts have been warning that such deep cuts could cause technical issues, though it is not yet clear if the reduced headcount was to blame for Wednesday's outage.
It appears part of the outage was soon fixed, with many users reporting they could tweet.
Some reported being notified by Twitter that they were over the 2,400-tweet-per-day limit, even if they had not posted on Wednesday.
Account holders had also reported problems with Twitter messages. Several users said they could not access TweetDeck - a dashboard that can be used with Twitter.
It's not yet clear how many people were affected.
"Twitter may not be working as expected for some of you. Sorry for the trouble. We're aware and working to get this fixed," Twitter said.
In recent weeks many users have complained of bugs while using Twitter - including some claiming they could increase the reach of tweets if they locked their accounts.
Tech news website The Information reported that Mr Musk had told Twitter employees to pause on new feature development "in favour of maximising system stability and robustness, especially with the Super Bowl coming up".
Twitter also announced that users of its $8 a month subscription service in the US can now post longer tweets.
Twitter Blue subscribers can now post up to 4,000 characters, far more than the 280-character limit imposed on non-paying users.
"But don't worry, Twitter is still Twitter," the company said in a lengthy tweet announcing the feature.
Meanwhile, DownDetector also reported an outage at YouTube, which at its peak affected a reported 65,000 users.
In a tweet, YouTube - which is owned by Google's parent company Alphabet - said it was investigating reports that the website's homepage "is down for some of you".
"We're looking into it... really sorry if you're experiencing this," they wrote.
Latest Stories
-
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
33 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
1 hour -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
2 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
2 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
2 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
4 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
4 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
4 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
4 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
5 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
5 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
5 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
5 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
5 hours -
Isaac Nlason elected SRC President of the Ghana School of Law
6 hours