Two drivers are feared dead with five others seriously injured in an accident involving three cars at Gomoa Buduatta Junction on the Kasoa-Cape Coast Highway in the Central Region.
The three vehicles involved in the accident were a Toyota passenger car with the registration number GW 7237-21, Toyota Highlander with number GE 5740-12 transporting hardware, and an unregistered Hyundai Elantra with DV 1551 number plate.
Eyewitnesses say the Toyota Highlander and the unregistered Hyundai Elantra made wrongful overtaking and collided with the Toyota fish.
In an interview with Adom News, some of the witnesses expressed fear the drivers of the Elantra and the Highlander may not survive.
This, they said, was due to the degrees of their injury.
The duo together with the five others have been sent to the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the driver of the Toyota Fish and some survivors said the accident could have been prevented if both cars avoided overtaking.
- Kwame Nkrumah should be the yardstick of good governance – CPP
- Police allegedly intercept illegal registrants
- Lionel Messi forced off with ‘old injury’ for Inter Miami as US Open Cup final looms
- 234 men died from prostate cancer between 2013 and 2022 – Report
- UCL: Man United lost to Bayern Munich because of me – Andre Onana
- UCL: Bellingham strikes injury-time Real Madrid winner against Union Berlin
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. II
- Rotary Club leads medical outreach in Abume
- Niger junta’s PM meets EU envoy amid tension
- Rotary Club of Ho raises ₵250,000 to upgrade Kpando Health Center to Polyclinic Status
- CAF Confederation Cup: Dreams FC to play Sierra Leone’s Kallon in Liberia
- Morocco to spend $12bn on earthquake recovery
- Finding middle ground: The Debate on Disbanding Student-led Traditional and Ritual Practices in Ghanaian Universities
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens faced challenges before Rwanda game – Nora Hauptle
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens beating Rwanda 7-0 satisfying – Nora Hauptle