Audio By Carbonatix
Two out of three women arrested for whipping a 12-year-old girl in a viral video at La in Accra have been granted bail by the La District Court.
The two women, Princess Naa Adjeley Giftan Mesopeh and Precious Ajorkor Mesopeh, both students, were each granted bail in the sum of GH¢15,000 with two sureties at their second appearance before the court on Monday.
They have pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit crime, assault, and cruelty to a child.
Their mother, Priscilla Novishie, who had earlier been on the run, later reported herself to the police and was subsequently arraigned.
The prosecution prayed the court to remand her into police custody to assist with the investigation, a request that was granted.
The court remanded Priscilla Novishie and ordered her to reappear together with the two other accused persons on February 3, 2026.
Chief Inspector Gladys Aikins Asare, the prosecutor, told the court that the complainant, whose name was withheld, was unemployed, while the victim was a 12-year-old girl.
She said the complainant and the victim lived in an area known as Roman School at La, Accra, while the accused persons lived with their mother, a fashion designer, in the same neighbourhood.
The prosecutor said the victim occasionally visited the accused persons’ house to assist with household chores and errands.
On December 30, 2025, a misunderstanding reportedly occurred between the victim and the accused person’s seven-year-old brother.
The matter was subsequently reported to the family, after which the victim was brought to the house and assaulted.
The incident was recorded on a mobile phone and circulated on social media, leading to a report being lodged with the police at La and the arrest of the accused persons.
Latest Stories
-
Only 16% of Ghana health facilities meet basic sanitation standard — WHO / UNICEF
1 second -
Competence has no age; let’s stop punishing new businesses
16 minutes -
JoyNews Republic Bank Habitat Fair 2026 opens today at Achimota Mall
19 minutes -
What Is Wrong With Us: The roads that keep counting our dead
24 minutes -
MTN condemns recent xenophobic attacks on Ghanaians in South Africa
28 minutes -
Philip Nai: What happens at your front desk can make or break your brand
39 minutes -
Ghana’s mining deaths fall sharply, but Chamber insists ‘three deaths are too many’
2 hours -
Tatale Sanguli officials destroy expired food products, warn traders
2 hours -
Police arrest two watchmen over alleged defilement of 14-year-old student
2 hours -
The woman behind General Mosquito: Could Ghana be meeting its next First Lady?
2 hours -
Court remands man over alleged Labone bank robbery attempt
2 hours -
Supreme Court to rule on injunction application on legal vacation today
2 hours -
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
2 hours -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
3 hours -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
3 hours