Audio By Carbonatix
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo says until December 14, the wearing of face masks remains compulsory across the country.
This decision, he noted is to maintain the gradual reduction that has been observed in the number of active Covid-19 cases being recorded.
In his 17th address to the nation, he noted that the law that governs the protocol will still be enforced by the police service.
"On Monday 14th September, I extended my Executive Instrument, the mandatory wearing of face masks by another three months. So until 14th December 2020, the wearing on masks remain mandatory."
"It is the new norm of our existence until the virus disappears," he said, Sunday.
According to him, the wearing of face coverings "has served us well in the fight against Covid-19".
Akufo-Addo praised the adherence to safety protocols in schools that had been instructed to resume studies to enable students to write their final examinations.
He urged the public to religiously follow the safety protocols that have been stated by government.
The President revealed that as of September 18, the country had 507 active coronavirus cases, 45,258 recoveries with 297 dead. These numbers are out of 470,730 tests conducted so far.
Latest Stories
-
The Abronye Charge Sheet – misuse in plain sight
2 minutes -
‘No bad blood’: Sam George downplays heated clash with Abena Osei-Asare
12 minutes -
Damang Gold Mine sells another 100% of its gold output to GoldBod
13 minutes -
Adansi Asokwa MP launches skills training programme for youth
18 minutes -
EPA shuts down mining site allegedly linked to former Mpohor DCE
44 minutes -
Health, educational institutions in deprived communities get free cement from Ghacem
57 minutes -
GSA arrests Chinese managers for reopening locked mattress factory
1 hour -
Court grants GH¢63.5m bail to ex-NAFCO CEO and wife in alleged corruption trial
1 hour -
Kofi Jumah released after meeting GH¢30m bail terms
1 hour -
GSA shuts down 4 companies in Afienya over substandard mattresses
2 hours -
Theo Dzimega defends judge’s discretion in Abronye DC bail, criticises Afenyo-Markin’s remarks
2 hours -
Ghana Bar Association rejects ‘NPP’ tag by Ofosu Kwakye
2 hours -
Hindsight: What next for the women’s relay team after African Championships?
2 hours -
World Vision launches 5-year water and sanitation programme in Wa
2 hours -
Opinion: Mahama must reshuffle his cabinet now to save the NDC from internal cracks
3 hours