Singer eShun has stated that an artiste going nude or going half-naked in videos and/or on stage is sometimes inevitable.
“It depends on the song. You cannot sing ‘I’m in the bedroom, I’m all half-naked’ and be fully dressed,” she told Merqury Quaye on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM.
She stated that although an artiste should not be nude all the time, sometimes the circumstances cannot be helped.
Her comments come after many female singers and music vixens have been criticised for going nude in music videos and/or photoshoots.
Nudity, some industry players have said, is having a negative influence on the youth. Others said the singer and video vixens go overboard with their choice of clothing explaining they wear skimpy clothes even when they do not have to.
Joining in the argument, Santokh Singh, Managing Director of Multi TV, has said no video with nudity would be entertained on on any of the Multimedia channels.
The ‘Someone Loves Me’ hitmaker who has not gone nude or half-naked in any of her videos said many fans have been wondering why she is not toeing the line of her colleagues.
“Since I started my career people ask me why I don’t show skin but I say it’s not my style,” she stated.
She, however, added that when the circumstances call for it she may not necessarily stay way from nudity but find ways to do it moderately.
“If you are singing a song that says ‘I am sexy’, you have to act it. That’s what musicians do,” eShun added.
Watch the interview below:
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin