JoyNews’ Emefa Apawu and other journalists in various Accra-based media houses have joined a campaign to promote Volta Region’s vast tourism sector.
The campaign has dubbed, #VisitVolta is an initiative of the Volta Regional Coordinating Council in conjunction with the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) and the Eastern/Volta/Oti branch of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI).
The campaign also forms part of the activities leading to the 2021 Volta Trade and Investment Fair, slated for November.
Personalities on the trip include; Emefa Apawu, Bernard Avle of Citi FM/Citi TV, Dzifa Bampoh-3FM/TV3, Kafui Dey, of ‘Who wants to be Rich’ fame, Mawuli Fui Kwadzovia – Public Relations practitioner.
These personalities have been tasked to use their influence and platforms to project the region’s potentials, in order to attract tourists and investors.
The group who arrived Friday were formally welcomed by officials of GTA and AGI at the Sogakope Beach Resort, where they were taken on a boat ride on the River Volta.
They also visited tourist sites in the Anlo area, such Atorkor Slave Market, and Fort Prinzenstein, before settling at the Eli Beach Resort & Hotel at Tegbi, for a bonfire night with poetry and music.
The team who are already sharing their moments via social media, are expected to visit other tourist attractions, including Afadjato, the highest mountain in Ghana, Tafi-Atome Monkey Sanctuary, Wli Waterfalls, Ote falls and Canopy walkway at Amedzofe, among others, before returning to their bases.
- BoG to close down licensed forex bureaus flouting foreign exchange law
- ‘Stop all auction sales until investigation is concluded’ – OSP orders Custom boss
- Special Prosecutor investigates vehicle auctions, others by Customs from July 2016 till date
- Bawumia plays blame game with Ghana’s economic problems – US economist
- Mourinho defends Afena-Gyan after media accused Ghanaian of injuring Wijnaldum
- ‘It really hit me’ – Stonebwoy pained after Tinny’s attacks following ¢2k debt brouhaha
- Labianca case: Appointing Council of State member to GPHA board smacks of elite capture – Former CDD-Ghana boss
- BoG cautions public against 19 entities engaged in loan services without license
- Increase in utility tariffs: Government cushioned Ghanaians – Spokesperson
- BoG cautions public against engaging services of 19 unlicensed loan providers
Woman, 55, killed by hit-and-run driver on Asukawkaw-Dambai highway
Gundogan scores brace as Man City beat Man United to win FA Cup title
Fuel tanker overturns and blocks Morso-Kurofa road at Asante Akyem South
Domelevo’s forced leave: President’s directive was not malicious – Joseph Kpemka
Assin North by-election: NDC taking a risk with Gyakye Quayson – Joseph Kpemka
NPP flagbearership race: NPP has a large number of overly ambitious people – Inusah Fuseini
The fight against galamsey is more difficult than that of corruption – Joseph Kpemka
President must be impeached for breach of constitution – Inusah Fuseini
Galamsey is a manifestation of corruption – Inusah Fuseini
Supreme Court ruling will protect the independence of constitutional bodies – Martin Kpebu
Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023