Audio By Carbonatix
Counsel for the immediate past National Petroleum Authority (NPA) Chief Executive, Akbar Khomeini, has expressed frustration over repeated amendments to the charge sheet by the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) in the ongoing corruption case involving Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid and nine others.
In a Facebook post, Khomeini described the latest development as a deliberate attempt to delay the trial.

“Interestingly, the OSP has made another surprising amendment to the charge sheet. This is the second time the OSP is delaying the commencement of the case with his ambush amendments… We are back to zero!” he said.
The revisions come after investigators uncovered additional evidence, prompting the OSP to increase the number of charges from 25 to 54.
The accused are alleged to have coerced bulk oil transporters and oil marketing companies into paying large sums under the guise of official duties before laundering the proceeds through property purchases and business ventures to conceal their illicit origins.
READ ALSO: OSP expands charges against Mustapha Hamid and nine others from 25 to 54
Khomeini said that similar amendments had been filed during the last hearing on August 26, 2025, despite a court order directing the OSP to file disclosures by August 26 and witness statements by September 26, 2025.
According to him, the judge had reminded the OSP that a prior amendment filed on August 20 was not on the court’s records.
The case, which has attracted significant public attention due to the high-profile nature of the accused, highlights ongoing challenges in prosecuting complex corruption cases in Ghana.
Legal observers say repeated amendments and delays could affect public perception of the judicial process and prolong resolution.
The OSP has defended its actions, stating that the new charges are based on fresh evidence uncovered during investigations and are necessary to ensure a comprehensive case against the accused.
Latest Stories
-
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
34 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
1 hour -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
2 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
2 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
2 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
4 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
4 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
4 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
4 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
5 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
5 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
5 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
5 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
6 hours -
Isaac Nlason elected SRC President of the Ghana School of Law
6 hours