The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has rejected claims that its personnel deployed to Bawku to restore calm and maintain order have killed seven locals.
According to GAF, the reportage is untrue and should be ignored.
GAF in a press release issued on Thursday, February 2, and signed by its Director of Public Relations, chronicled several incidents of violent attacks in the area.
However, the release stated that the soldiers engaged a group of armed men and neutralised six of them.
“In a separate incident, sporadic firing was heard around Sabongari General Area. A Patrol Team dispatched to assess the situation spotted unknown armed men at Gozesi-Valley side in Sabongari wearing black T-shirts with Black Hoodies.
Troops engaged them and neutralised six (6) armed men. During the engagement, some armed men took cover in a mud house within the immediate vicinity to engage the Team.”
One of the armed men attempted to attack the troops with a cutlass but was disarmed in the process. During the operation, a local woman found with a gunshot injury on her left hand was sent to Bawku Presbyterian Hospital by troops for treatment,” excerpts of the release said.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile