President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Kurt Okraku, has promised the Black Stars will look to restore the glory when the team participates in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Ghana secured qualification to the tournament after beating Nigeria on the away goal rule after a 1-1 aggregate scoreline in the two ties.
Having been held to a goalless stalemate in Kumasi, Ghana managed a scoring draw with the Super Eagles at the Moshood Abiola Stadium to book their ticket to Qatar.
The Black Stars team together with some executives of the GFA met with the president of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo at the Jubilee House.
Speaking at the meeting, Okraku assured the president and Ghanaians that the Black Stars will make Ghana proud when they return to the worldwide showpiece.
“We will go to Qatar and make the impression that we have never done,” he said.
“I stand here and say again that we will go to Qatar and make our nation great and strong.”
Ghana returns to the World Cup after missing out on the 2018 edition in Russia.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’