The National Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Samuel Ofosu Ampofo has said that the party would break the 8 years of unprecedented economic hardships Ghanaians are being subjected to under the NPP government.
Addressing a gathering of party faithful in Techiman as part of former President John Mahama’s thank you tour of the Bono East Region, Mr. Ofosu-Ampofo stated that Ghanaians have been living in slavery for the last 8 years and the NDC is prepared to come back in 2024.
“As we speak, the NPP says they have something they call break the 8. I am saying that we the NDC would break the 8 for them. 2024, we are going to break the 8 years of unprecedented economic hardships that the NPP has brought on Ghanaians. We are going to break the high level of unemployment which is the reason why most of the youth are unemployed,” he said.
“We are going to break the insecurity in the country which is the reason why we don’t feel safe traveling on Ghana’s highways without a police escort. Due to insecurity an international journalist was recently killed by highway robbers here in Ghana,” he added.
Mr. Ofosu Ampofo further noted that the NDC would break the 8 years agenda of reckless spending.
“Today, school going kids in Ghana are being asked to go home because there’s no food to feed them, yet our President flies in a rented airplane and pays $14,000 an hour just for his comfort. That 8 years of reckless spending would be broken come 2024”.
He again bemoaned the number of abandoned projects initiated by the NDC administration across the country and added that the NPP government would be sent away to pave way for the completion of those projects.
“The projects we initiated with state money, the huge sugar factory we started in Komenda, the major school projects, the abandoned hospitals Mahama and the NDC government started have all been abandoned by Nana Addo’s government.
“We are going to break the 8 years of unprecedented abandoned projects by the Nana Addo-Bawumia government”.
Again, Mr. Ofosu Ampofu accused Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia of deceiving Ghanaians by promising to “arrest the dollar which was then 3.8 per cedi, today, one dollar is more than GHC6. What it means is that, the situation is getting out of hand. Farmers are crying because they do not have access to fertilizers and cocoa farmers are crying because they don’t have buyers due to the lack of money in the system”.
He assured that the next NDC government would restore the lost hope and bring relief to the Ghanaian populace.
“This country is fast sinking. Ghana is no more working and I want to assure you that under the leadership of His Excellency John Dramani Mahama and the NDC, we’ll restore and bring the smile back on the faces of Ghanaians”.
He charged the people to work harder ahead of the next elections and vote out the NPP government.
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol
- 21 Ghanaians to receive Global Summit awards
- Ebola outbreak in Uganda detected late – WHO
- CLOSAG accuses government of infiltrating it with party members
- Catholic charity shutdown after 60 years of operation
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Ghana’s ‘Borga’, ‘Road to My Father’s Compound’ lead race for AMAA 2022 gold
- Emmanuel Agyemang Badu invited for CHAN draw
- R. Kelly to pay $300,000 to victim in sex crimes
- Minister of Transport leads aviation experts to 41st ICAO Triennial Assembly in Montreal, Canada
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2022 – “Stop food waste for the people and the planet”
- QLAC MD is new President of Association of Insurers and Reinsurers
- 11 takeaways from GFA decision to suspend ongoing Premier League season
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star