Audio By Carbonatix
Former President John Mahama has commiserated with the families of nine students who lost their lives in an accident on Sunday.
Wishing those injured a speedy recovery, Mr Mahama bemoaned the death of the University of Education, Winneba students who died while travelling at Asuboi.
Commenting on the unfortunate loss, the former President said, "What a sad waste of young lives in the Asuboi accident!!"
In a Facebook post, he said the fatal accident could have been avoided if due diligence was exercised.
Mr John Mahama, therefore, advised that "Drivers of intercity coaches and other public transport vehicles must exercise a little more caution with the lives of our citizens entrusted to their care."
On Sunday, March 13, a Hyundai Universe commercial bus conveying some students of the University of Education, Winneba and other passengers was involved in an accident.
The accident occurred at Asuboi, a suburb of Suhum on the Accra-Kumasi highway.
The incident happened after the bus travelling from Sunyani to Accra crashed into a stationery articulated 40-footer truck.

The driver of the bus with registration number AK324-22 is reported to have failed to observe traffic regulations because he was allegedly sleeping.
Eight people were said to have died at the spot after the 40-footer truck loaded with wood fell onto the road.

Another life was lost when the many injured were transported to the Suhum Government Hospital for treatment. So far, nine casualties have been recorded.
The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the Suhum Government Hospital morgue.
Meanwhile, the Eastern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ebenezer Tetteh, has said the Police have launched investigations into the incident.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
3 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
3 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
4 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
4 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
4 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
4 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
4 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
4 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
5 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
5 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
5 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
5 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
6 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
6 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
6 hours
