A 24-year-old dealer in second-hand clothing cannot be found close to six weeks after he was arrested by persons identified as police officers.
Eyewitnesses say three of the men who arrested Razak Kasim at his residence at Abuakwa in the Ashanti region were in police uniform and armed.
The family of Razak has however combed several police stations in the region with no hope of where their relative has been kept.
Mother of the suspect, Amina Awudu explains, “they threatened whoever went close to inquire about the arrest. They didn’t mention to the residents of the house where they were taking him, but I followed up at the Central Police Station and even to the prison but couldn’t find my son.”
Razak Kasim was picked by six armed men believed to be police officers on January 12, 2023. Three of them were in uniform.
Eyewitnesses say the team arrived in two salon cars and a pick-up vehicle. All vehicles had no number plates.
Upon enquiry, residents of the house were directed to the Kumasi Central Police Station for further explanation on the cause of the arrest.
One other who is said to be an accomplice of the suspect was shot at the scene. They say no reason was given for the arrest.
The victim, Razak, is said to have traveled from Techiman to Kumasi to deal in second-hand clothing.
His mother, Amina Awudu, who lives in Techiman, has shuttled between Kumasi and Techiman for the past month, visiting police stations in search of her son.
According to her, a policeman who works at Nkoranza in the Bono East Region is the only known face among the policemen.
“Eyewitnesses tell me the only person they could identify is a police officer who works at Nkoranza. They say he had come to his parents at Abuakwa to treat an injury. He said my son’s friend was on their wanted list, so he followed his colleagues to make the arrest. I hear they shot the boy and carried my son with them”, the mother said.
Luv News checks at the Central Police Station in Kumasi revealed no such suspect has been taken in.
The mother is asking police to help locate her first child.
“I am pleading with them, if he has gone contrary to the law, they should produce him so we can talk about it. I can’t live”, she said.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh