Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, parliament speaker Jacob Mudenda says.
The surprise announcement came as lawmakers debated an impeachment motion against the 93-year-old leader in a joint sitting of parliament.
Mr Mugabe had previously refused to resign despite last week's military takeover, and days of protests against his rule.
He has been in power since independence in 1980.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Lion Air crash: Victim's fiancée takes wedding photos alone
- UK closer to delivering Brexit - May
- UN lifts nine-year Eritrea sanctions
- South Africa minister resigns weeks after sex video scandal
- Brexit: Theresa May to face cabinet showdown over deal
- Trump finally appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Over 300,000 Congolese refugees forced to leave Angola
- 10 students die in suspected arson at Ugandan boarding school
- CNN sues Trump, top White House aides for barring Acosta
- California wildfires: Death toll reaches grim milestone
- Final school hostages freed in Cameroon
- Raging Californian fires kill 25
- Study finds 'huge' fall in FGM rates among African girls
- Trump, Macron may clash on European defense in Paris talks
- Death toll from Somalia hotel attack rises to 39