Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, parliament speaker Jacob Mudenda says.
The surprise announcement came as lawmakers debated an impeachment motion against the 93-year-old leader in a joint sitting of parliament.
Mr Mugabe had previously refused to resign despite last week's military takeover, and days of protests against his rule.
He has been in power since independence in 1980.
Have your say
More World Headlines
- Togo: child shot, killed during clashes between protesters, security forces
- William Barr nominated by Donald Trump to be US attorney general
- South Africa mob kills suspected arsonist
- If US builds missiles, so will we – Putin
- Liberia electricity crisis: 'About 60% of power stolen'
- British PM suffers setbacks as Brexit debate starts in parliament
- ‘Fake First Lady’ arrested in Nigeria
- Michelle Obama revisits London school that inspired education drive
- UK uproar as Africa deportees not contacted
- Nigerian President Buhari denies death and body double rumours
- US-China trade war: Deal agreed to suspend new trade tariffs
- Public transport crisis looms in Nairobi
- British MP reveals he is HIV-positive
- Riot police clash with Paris protesters
- Namibia's success in the fight against HIV