A fire has engulfed a dormitory at the youth team training centre of one of Brazil's biggest football clubs, killing 10 people.
Six of the victims were young players and four were employees at Ninho de Urubu, the training ground of Flamengo football club in Rio de Janeiro, local media reported.
Three teenagers were also injured, one of them seriously.
The cause of the blaze is not yet known.
Flamengo is one of Brazil's biggest and best-known clubs internationally. They currently sit at second place in Brazil's Série A table and have won the league five times.
Former player and Brazil football legend, Ronaldinho, offered his condolences for the "terrible tragedy" in a tweet on Friday morning.
He published the club's crest in black-and-white alongside the message.
What do we know so far?
According to the G1 news portal, the fire began at 05:10 (07:10 GMT) and was extinguished by 07:30.
None of the victims has been identified but the youth players are said to be aged between 14 and 16. One of the three injured, a 15-year-old boy, suffered severe burns and was transferred to a specialist hospital, reports said.
Friends and family face an anxious wait for news outside the ground
The area has been hit by severe storms and heavy rain in recent days and the weather may have left the facility without water or electricity when the fire struck, G1 reported.
Who are Flamengo?
The club's most prominent former players include World Cup winners Ronaldinho, Bebeto and Romario.
As well as being one of Brazil's most successful football clubs, Flamengo also has basketball, rowing, swimming and volleyball teams.
In a tweet on Friday, the team said it was "in mourning".
The Ninho de Urubu ("Vulture's Nest" - so named because the symbol of the club is a vulture) centre underwent a major expansion last year, with the club spending 23m reals (£4.8m, $6.2m), Reuters news agency reports.
The site features accommodation for young players, several pitches, an aquatic park, a gym, a medical centre and a mini stadium.
The club was due to play their rivals Fluminense on Saturday. The game has been postponed, and other clubs have expressed their condolences.
Real Madrid player Vinícius Júnior, who also played for Flamengo, tweeted a crying emoji, writing, "Such sad news. Pray for everyone. Strength strength, strength."
Have your say
More World Headlines
- More than 200 killed in Sri Lanka attacks
- Sudan: Army to respond to protesters demand for a civilian authority within a week
- South Africa hit by deadly Easter church collapse
- Sudan crisis: Cash hoard found at al-Bashir's home
- Two teen girls arrested for 'plotting nine murders' in Florida
- Sudan protesters 'to name transitional government'
- Notre Dame rector says ‘computer glitch’ likely started cathedral fire
- Indian man 'chops off finger' after voting for wrong party
- Mueller report: Democrats keep pressure on Trump over Russia
- Mali violence: PM and entire government resigns
- Bill Gates trends on Twitter after phone call with Nigeria's Buhari
- NASA warns about massive asteroid
- Nigerian chief justice sacked
- France’s Axa insured Notre Dame Art, 2 construction firms
- North Korea test fires new tactical guided weapon - state media