Ghanaian actor and football administrator, Samuel Yaw Dabo, has appealed to Real Madrid and football agent Jorge Mendes to consider a partnership with his academy to ensure the development of young talent in Ghana.
The academy owner has recently been on a tour in Europe as part of his effort to build networks for his side in the football ecosystem.
Recent images seen of the comic actor have him at Borussia Dortmund where he was taken on a tour by former Black Star head coach Otto Addo as he met Jude Bellingham while he was also in the Netherlands to meet Ghana international Mohammed Kudus.
Next on his tour was Spain where he was in attendance during Real Madrid’s Champions League semifinal first-leg tie against Manchester City at the Santiago Bernabeu. Dabo went viral with the step after he was involved in Marca’s pre-match and post-match interviews where he talked about the game and how Madrid made light work of Erling Haaland.
He was then extended an invitation into the studios of the media house where he had an extensive conversation with Marca’s Javier Estepa, where he talked about his academy and having to partner with others to ensure its development.
“I have workers, coaches and caterers to support the football team. I have everybody. I came to Europe to find a solution to support my academy,” he told Marca.
“I have a U14, U15, U16, U17 and U18, so I want support and maybe from this interview I can get opportunities and maybe partnerships with Real Madrid, or other big teams.
“You have to start from somewhere. Maybe I get an opportunity from lower divisions, I’m okay with that.
“Or maybe Jorge Mendes. Jorge Mendes is doing a lot for children, so maybe he is listening to me and can come and help my academy.”
On his visit to the studios, Dabo was also taken through a question-and-answer session.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana
- Nigeria’s state oil firm increases petrol price
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Pupils walking to school affecting access to education in Adaklu District
- UG’s WACCI has been incredible in efforts at improving Africa’s food security – AGRA Boss
- CBOD is not opposed to gold-for-oil, BOST managing strategic stocks says CEO
- Fire guts chain of mechanic shops at Asokwa in Kumasi
- Sleep well Aunty Ama Ata Aidoo and Thank You, Trudy
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Six women rescued in Nigeria ‘baby factory’ raid
- Theophilus Acheampong: Ghana and the IMF have struck a deal, but hard choices lie ahead
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Nigeria’s fuel subsidy: How the new president has shocked the nation
- Debt ceiling deal: US House overwhelmingly passes bill