Gospel musician, Joyce Blessing and rapper Obibini have become the latest signees to Zylofon Music, a member of the Zylofon Media empire.
The two join the likes of highlife artiste Kumi Guitar, singer Becca and dancehall artiste Stonebwoy, at the label which has taken the Ghanaian entertainment industry by storm.
Speaking at the unveiling of Joyce Blessing and Obibini at the company’s head office in Accra Wednesday, Head of Communications at Zylofon Media, Samuel Atuobi Baah revealed that the two artistes have agreed to a four-year contract with the entertainment outfit.
“We’ve signed a four-year deal with Joyce Blessing and Obibini Boafo. It’s a complete record deal and when I say, ‘a complete record deal’, it includes distribution, promotion, production and marketing as well. We believe that our music business is in such a way that, artistes need some [things] to survive so we’ve also given them that goodwill money that they will need for their personal running,” he said.
Mr Baah further added that, the two artistes, who complete the label’s quest to sign on musicians from genres of music, have been given a brand-new Hyundai Sonata car – the signature car of the label.
He also mentioned that the two artistes will be given a house although he failed to indicate whether the houses are for keeps or they are just for the contract period.
Per the contract, the two artistes are expected to at least release four albums.
During a Q&A session, Joyce Blessing, known for the hit song, ‘Boot for Boot’, clearing the air on issues surrounding her departure from her former management outfit, Media Excel explained that;
She stopped working with Media Excel before negotiating the new deal with Zylofon Media. According to her, she did not leave Media Excel, they decided not to work with he again.
See video and photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain