Gospel musician, Joyce Blessing and rapper Obibini have become the latest signees to Zylofon Music, a member of the Zylofon Media empire.
The two join the likes of highlife artiste Kumi Guitar, singer Becca and dancehall artiste Stonebwoy, at the label which has taken the Ghanaian entertainment industry by storm.
Speaking at the unveiling of Joyce Blessing and Obibini at the company’s head office in Accra Wednesday, Head of Communications at Zylofon Media, Samuel Atuobi Baah revealed that the two artistes have agreed to a four-year contract with the entertainment outfit.
“We’ve signed a four-year deal with Joyce Blessing and Obibini Boafo. It’s a complete record deal and when I say, ‘a complete record deal’, it includes distribution, promotion, production and marketing as well. We believe that our music business is in such a way that, artistes need some [things] to survive so we’ve also given them that goodwill money that they will need for their personal running,” he said.
Mr Baah further added that, the two artistes, who complete the label’s quest to sign on musicians from genres of music, have been given a brand-new Hyundai Sonata car – the signature car of the label.
He also mentioned that the two artistes will be given a house although he failed to indicate whether the houses are for keeps or they are just for the contract period.
Per the contract, the two artistes are expected to at least release four albums.
During a Q&A session, Joyce Blessing, known for the hit song, ‘Boot for Boot’, clearing the air on issues surrounding her departure from her former management outfit, Media Excel explained that;
She stopped working with Media Excel before negotiating the new deal with Zylofon Media. According to her, she did not leave Media Excel, they decided not to work with he again.
See video and photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news