Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, a voting member of the Oscars, has expressed her displeasure towards the 2019 edition of the awards.
The Veteran actress said she is not happy that no African movie made it to the 2019 Oscars nomination list.
Omotola, who was enlisted into the voting membership of the Oscar Awards in 2018, made the disclosure in an Instagram post where she conveyed her thoughts on the nominated movies.
Although she expressed her happiness on the fact that the movies she voted were picked, the actress was more concerned that no African movie made it to the list.
“The Nominations are Out! So glad Most of the Movies I nominated made it. Next , Voting to determine the Winners!… Wasn’t So Exited No African Movie made it ! Someday soon we will Be doing this for Africans!…”
Jalade-Ekeinde isn’t the only Nigerian who was invited to join the Oscar awards voters in 2018. Femi Odugbemi, a filmmaker, was also invited.
Movies like ‘The Favourite’ and ‘Roma’ were the most nominated movies, receiving 10 each, while ‘Black Panther’ earned seven nominations.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album