People easily refrain from politics in Ghana for various reasons.
Some say it’s dirty, others claim it breeds violence and disrespect.
But musician and political activist, A Plus, says every Ghanaian must engage in politics.
He explained that it is only through participating in politics that politicians will be forced to do their work.
A Plus said, “I think every one must be part of politics. It is a golden opportunity to be able to change the country,” he said in an interview with host, KMJ on Joy Prime TV.
A Plus and KMJ
A Plus is championing a cause dubbed the ‘Peoples’ Project’, an initiative set up to combat corruption and to keep leaders of the country on their toes.
Some people have lambasted him for wanting to indirectly use the initiative as a stepping stone to form a political party.
Reacting to this during the interview, he debunked those assertions, insisting that he does not involve himself in politics for political power, but only to improve the standard of living of Ghanaians.
“They say I lost a New Patriotic Party contract that’s why I am like this but this is how I have been…I don’t want to be a Minister. I have not asked anyone to vote for me through The Peoples’ Project’,” he said.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise