Brigadier General Francis Vib Sanziri has been appointed Acting National Coordinator of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO).
A statement signed by Chief of Staff, Julius Debrah, said Brigadier General Sanziri will replace Kofi Portuphy who is now chair of the governing National Democratic Congress.
Vib Sanziri is currently the Director General, Joint Operations at the General Headquarters.
He takes over as acting NADMO boss at a time the country especially, the capital, is facing crisis following a twin fire and flood disaster.
He must as a matter of urgency, mobilise relief items for victims of the disaster.
NADMO is already distributing relief items but more is needed.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Love potion for sale: Herbalist claims to possess powers that prevent divorce
- I don’t know why my men wore masks - SWAT Commander Azugu
- 'My boys overacted' – SWAT commander tells Short Commission
- Komla Dumor family outlines 5th-anniversary plans
- 6 new districts to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, February 18, 2019
- Ghana Publishing Company, KNUST sign deal to promote research, skills dev’t
- Ghanaian engineers urge gov’t to intensify investment in technology, innovation
- GIS to begin nationwide crackdown on landlords renting out to ‘illegal residents’
- Top UK high schools to recruit students, footballers in Ghana
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- 5 best trips for solo travellers
- UN experts urge govt to ensure justice for slain Ahmed
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged