Brigadier General Francis Vib Sanziri has been appointed Acting National Coordinator of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO).
A statement signed by Chief of Staff, Julius Debrah, said Brigadier General Sanziri will replace Kofi Portuphy who is now chair of the governing National Democratic Congress.
Vib Sanziri is currently the Director General, Joint Operations at the General Headquarters.
He takes over as acting NADMO boss at a time the country especially, the capital, is facing crisis following a twin fire and flood disaster.
He must as a matter of urgency, mobilise relief items for victims of the disaster.
NADMO is already distributing relief items but more is needed.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 3 persons jailed for receiving stolen items
- Self-styled journalist charged for fraud
- UN chief deplores lack of civilian protection in armed conflict
- Freedom of worship is not complete in Ghana - Abotsi
- Let's develop national character for sustainable good governance - Rawlings
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu