Former President John Agyekum Kufuor treated himself to a box of Kalyppo fruit drink during the 2016 manifesto launch of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) at the International Trade Fair Center in Accra.
Sitting in between the NPP flagbearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his running mate, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, the former Ghanaian leader sipped the drink while he concentrated on a speech delivered by a functionary of the party at the event.
Statistics have it that sale of the drink has picked after an image of Mr Akufo-Addo sipping the drink while on a campaign tour went viral on social media especially Facebook.
Some critics of the NPP ridiculed the picture saying the three times presidential candidate is patronising a drink that could put his health at risk.
NPP faithful stood by their leader triggering what has become #Kalyselfie on social media particularly on Facebook and Twitter.
Dr Bawumia, acting National Chairman of NPP, Freddie Blay and acting General Secretary, John Boadu joined the craze clutching their drink.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs