Asante Kotoko failed to make it a third successive semifinal appearance in the MTN FA CUP after losing 3-2 on penalties against Bechem United
The game was decided by penalties after both teams played a 1-1 draw.
Bechem United opened the scoring through Yaw Arnol after he beat the offside trap to home past Felix Annan in goal for Kotoko.
Kotoko labored for an equaliser for the remainder of the first half to no avail. They were however duly rewarded for the persistence in the second half through Bennet Ofori.
The Porcupine Warriors were given a taste of what to come when top scorer Dauda Mohammed missed a penalty in the 78th minute.
It was double agony for Dauda Mohammed who also missed in the shootout.
Goal scorer Yaw Arnol kept his cool to slot home the final kick to send Bechem through to the semi-final.
They will now face Wa Rockets who also shocked premier league leaders Wa All Stars in the other quarterfinal in the Northern Zone.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash