Asante Kotoko failed to make it a third successive semifinal appearance in the MTN FA CUP after losing 3-2 on penalties against Bechem United
The game was decided by penalties after both teams played a 1-1 draw.
Bechem United opened the scoring through Yaw Arnol after he beat the offside trap to home past Felix Annan in goal for Kotoko.
Kotoko labored for an equaliser for the remainder of the first half to no avail. They were however duly rewarded for the persistence in the second half through Bennet Ofori.
The Porcupine Warriors were given a taste of what to come when top scorer Dauda Mohammed missed a penalty in the 78th minute.
It was double agony for Dauda Mohammed who also missed in the shootout.
Goal scorer Yaw Arnol kept his cool to slot home the final kick to send Bechem through to the semi-final.
They will now face Wa Rockets who also shocked premier league leaders Wa All Stars in the other quarterfinal in the Northern Zone.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs