Black Princesses captain Rahman Rasheda says their exit from this year's FIFA U20 Women's World Cup in Papua New Guinea is unfortunate.
Ghana managed a 1-1 draw with USA in their final Group C match on Monday.
What the result means is that coach Didi Dramani's side finished bottom of the Group and got ejected alongside New Zealand who were beaten 2-0 by second place France.
Rahman Rasheda who was optimistic of winning the competition expressed disappointment for failing Ghanaians.
" We fought hard but it wasn't good enough to take us to the next stage. So unfortunate! We are always grateful for your support. Thank you 🇬🇭"
The United States of America and France progressed to the knockout stage.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey