Black Princesses captain Rahman Rasheda says their exit from this year's FIFA U20 Women's World Cup in Papua New Guinea is unfortunate.
Ghana managed a 1-1 draw with USA in their final Group C match on Monday.
What the result means is that coach Didi Dramani's side finished bottom of the Group and got ejected alongside New Zealand who were beaten 2-0 by second place France.
Rahman Rasheda who was optimistic of winning the competition expressed disappointment for failing Ghanaians.
" We fought hard but it wasn't good enough to take us to the next stage. So unfortunate! We are always grateful for your support. Thank you 🇬🇭"
The United States of America and France progressed to the knockout stage.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams