Matchday 22 saw major results across the country. Hearts were held at home, while Kotoko lost in Bekwai. The biggest winners on the day were Dreams who climbed up to third on the log.
HEARTS 1-1 ASHANTIGOLD
GOAL SCORERS: REUBEN GNAGNE (PEN); ANTHON YERFUL
MATCH FACTS: Hearts defender Musah Inusah was sent off for a second bookable offence
- Hearts of Oak remain unbeaten in the second round and under Sergio Traguil.
- Reuben Gnagne scored his first goal of the season.
- Ashantigold recorded their 13th draw of the season.
- Hearts remain at the summit of the league table.
NEW EDUBIASE 2-1 KOTOKO
GOAL SCORERS: Tawfik Mohammed, Abdul Nasir Lamin ; Amos Frimpong.
MATCH FACTS: Two penalties were awarded in this game.
- The result was Edubiase’s first win since moving to Bekwai
- Kotoko suffer back to back away defeats for the first time under Michael Osei
- Amos Frimpong has scored 3 of Kotoko’s five goals in the second round.
INTER ALLIES 2-0 WA ALL STARS
GOAL SCORERS: Enoch Adu, Gockel Ahortor
- Second straight home win for Inter Allies.
- Second straight away loss for Wa All Stars.
DWARFS 1-0 WAFA
GOAL SCORER: Bright Lukman
- Third goal in two home games for Bright Lukman.
- Third straight home win for dwarfs
- WAFA are still without a win away from Sogakope
BECHEM UNITED 2-0 TECHIMAN CITY
GOAL SCORERS: Abednego Tetteh, Yaw Arnol
- 1st win in four games for Bechem United.
- Techiman City still without a win away from home.
LIBERTY 4-0 HASAACAS
GOAL SCORERS: Felix Addo, Latif Blessing X3
- Liberty got their first win of the second round and first victory since matchday 13
- Latif Blessing now leads the goal scoring chart with 13goals
- Hasaacas have now let in 34 goals this season.
DREAMS 4-0 BEREKUM CHELSEA
GOAL SCORERS: Abeiku Ainoonson (pk), Michael Saepong, x2 , Emmanuel Eli Keke
- First Dreams goal for Abeiku Ainooson
- Four goals in two matches at dawu for Felix Addo
Follow Kweku on Twitter: @nana_odum. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon
- Liverpool frustrated by Bayern in Anfield stalemate
- GFA Elections: NC denies Master Degree requirement reports
- Supercopa de Espana: New four-team tournament set to be played abroad