Lionel Messi scored twice but it was not enough to give Spanish champions Barcelona a winning finale to the season in a 2-2 draw against Eibar at Ipurua.
Ernesto Valverde picked a relatively strong side for Barca’s last game of the 2018/19 La Liga season although injuries to Arthur, Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele forced his hand somewhat.
Marc Cucurella struck the opener on 20 minutes for Eibar, who finished their campaign 12th in La Liga, with Messi turning the match on its head with a classy double on 31 and 32 minutes.
But Pablo De Blasis earned the home side a point with an equaliser on 45 minutes, slicing a strike into the top corner after Jasper Cillessen came off his line to make a headed clearance on the edge of his own box.
Barca finish the season as champions on 87 points, 11 points clear of second-placed Atletico Madrid with Real Madrid 19 points off top spot after their 2-0 home defeat to Real Betis earlier on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hudson-Odoi agrees five-year deal to stay at Chelsea
- Zidane denies showing Bale disrespect
- Hearts of Oak decide against renewing Malik Akowuah's contract
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog