Songne Yacouba scored on his return from injury as Asante Kotoko earned a massive three points at home against Medeama with a 2-0 victory on Sunday.
The Burkinabe striker scored the opener on his first start after two months sidelined before Fatawu Safiu sealed the win for the Porcupine Warriors.
The win takes Kotoko to the top of Premier A table ahead of the final round of matches in the NC Special Cup group stage. Kotoko will secure qualification into the semi-finals with a point in their last match against Aduana Stars.
Medeama, on the other hand, have dropped to third following AshantiGold’s emphatic 4-0 victory at the Len Clay Stadium against Bechem United.
Aduana Stars are out of contention for a place in the semi-finals after failing to beat Eleven Wonders in Techiman. The match ended goalless.
In Premier A, Hearts of Oak cemented their place at the top of Premier B with a thumping win over Elmina Sharks at the Accra Sports Stadium.
A first-half penalty from Christopher Bonney and second-half strikes from Manaf Umar and Fatawu Mohammed gave the Phobians a comfortable 3-1 win over the Ndoum Boys. George Amonoo scored the consolation for Sharks.
Solomon Sarfo and Patrick Yeboah scored as Karela United maintained their unbeaten run at the Crosby Awuah Memorial Park in Ayinase as they defeated Dreams FC by 2-0 to boost their chances of qualifying the semi-finals of the competition.
Inter Allies produced a stunning performance to overcome WAFA 4-2 and Liberty Professionals moved up to third with an away win over Ebusua Dwarfs. The match was played a neutral venue (Dawu) as Dwarfs have been suspended from using their Cape Coast Stadium due to crowd violence.
The semifinals of the #NCSpecial competition will be a one-off game. The winner of Premier A will play the runner up in Premier B and the B winner plays the runner up in A. Winners of the groups will have the opportunity of playing at home in the one-off game. pic.twitter.com/meGnTfW5Rc— Ghana Premier League (@GHPLLive) May 19, 2019
Asante Kotoko 2-0 Medeama
Hearts of Oak 3-1 Elmina Sharks
AshantiGold 4-0 Bechem United
Eleven Wonders 0-0 Aduana Stars
Inter Allies 4-2 WAFA
Ebusua Dwarfs 1-2 Liberty Professionals
Karela United 2-0 Dreams FC
NC SPECIAL CUP TABLE AHEAD OF FINAL ROUND
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage