One person has been killed and three others injured in renewed chieftaincy dispute at Yong Dakpema Yile in the Tamale Metropolis of the Northern Region.
Four houses have also been burnt.
The injured included Mohammed Chimsi, one of the brothers claiming the skin, and his wife.
The victims are receiving medical attention at the Tamale Teaching Hospital.
There was sporadic shooting this afternoon in the community between the two sides of the chieftaincy divide forcing community members to flee to safety.
An eyewitness told JoyNews that the attackers opened fire on the police when they moved in to pick Mohammed Chimsi who had been shot.
There is currently a heavy security presence in the area.
There has been a long-standing dispute between the two brothers over who is the rightful person to occupy the Yong skin.
This has led to several crashes in the past, with both sides recording deaths, injuries and the burning and destruction of properties running into several thousands of Ghana cedis.
Northern Regional Crime Officer, Supt Bernard Baba Ananga said the police are yet to establish the cause of the renewed clash.
He said a combined team of military and police are currently in the community adding that investigations are ongoing.
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Arise Ghana hits the street today to protest poor economic conditions
- 85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
- Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- ‘E-levy not a bad tax; Ghanaians just don’t want to pay taxes’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
Businessman remanded over theft of Toyota vehicle
Arise Ghana Demo: Police arrest 3 protesters
10 things emotionally neglected kids grow up believing — that are simply not true
Fidelity Bank records 32% increase in Profit Before Tax
BoG elected Vice Chair of African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative
Luv FM High School Debate: St. Hubert competes with Opoku Ware
Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
Ghana Post wins International award for Best EMS Customer Care
‘We don’t fix matches at Gold Stars’ – CEO responds to match-fixing allegations
Volta Division One Middle League kicks off
MTN Group climaxes its 21 Days of Y’ello Care Campaign
‘Comparing NDC to NPP is like comparing light and darkness’ – Sam George
Mastercard and Ecobank Group partner to digitise agricultural value chains in Africa￼
Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo
Fidelity Bank wins 5 HESS Awards