Audio By Carbonatix
The Accra Regional Police Command has rescued 16 victims of human trafficking in a coordinated operation at Ngleshie Amanfro, a suburb of Accra.
According to a police statement, the victims, 12 males and four females, are nationals of Côte d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso and were discovered in a residential structure at Toptown on July 24, 2025.
It said the rescue followed a complaint about the disappearance of 17-year-old Ivorian Chaka Kante, who had been missing for nine months after being lured into Ghana under the guise of joining a football team.
Acting on the tip, police officers accompanied the complainant to the location, where they found the missing teen among the group of trafficked individuals.
The statement said preliminary investigations revealed that the victims were recruited from their home countries by individuals linked to a company identified as Q-Net.
They were deceived by false promises of well-paying jobs in Europe.
However, from a 2022 ruling, Q-Net is not the same as QNET, an international direct selling company whose name and products have been misused by criminal elements for their selfish gain.
All the victims are receiving shelter while arrangements are being made to hand them over to the Ghana Immigration Service for profiling and repatriation in accordance with immigration protocols.
The police said it has launched an investigation to apprehend the individuals behind the trafficking scheme and cautioned the public, particularly parents and guardians, to be vigilant to avoid falling prey to fraudulent recruitment and travel offers that promise overseas employment.
The real QNET opened its Compliance Office in Accra recently primarily to combat scams perpetuated using the company’s name.
The event was graced by the top hierarchy of the Ghana Police Service and the Economic and Organised Crimes Office, EOCO, two security organisations QNET is partnering with to fight scams and provide public education to Ghanaians.
Latest Stories
-
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
53 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
2 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
2 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
3 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
3 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
4 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
5 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
5 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
5 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
5 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
5 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
5 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
6 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
6 hours -
Isaac Nlason elected SRC President of the Ghana School of Law
6 hours