The Asante Juaben Circuit Court has sentenced a 19-year-old farmer to 10 years imprisonment for defiling an 11-year-old girl.
Kwame Ansah was said to have defiled the girl at Maayenam, a farming community in the Asante Akim North District.
He pleaded guilty and was convicted on his own plea by the court presided by Rosemarie Afua Asante.
Police Inspector Richard Effah told the court that the complainant was the Assembly member for Woraponso-Maayenam electoral area.
He said on March 13, this year, the victim and her younger brother were on their way to the mosque when the convict ordered them to stop.
The prosecution said the convict pushed the victim down and drag her into a nearby bush and forcibly had sex with her.
The younger brother, who was afraid ran to the town and called some people for help.
Inspector Effah, said when the convict saw the youth coming he left the girl and took to his heels.
He was chased and arrested by the youth in the bush and sent to the Effiduase Police station where in his cautioned statement admitted the offence and was therefore charged and brought before the court.
- London Court throws out AG, others for sleeping on $170m case
- Mustapha Hamid appointed NPA boss
- Kennedy Agyapong cuts sod to construct 80-bed cardio centre at 37 Military Hospital
- 55% children considering a move abroad scary – CRI
- Private road transport operators to increase fares
- CID to investigate Power Purchasing Agreement that resulted in $170m judgment debt – AG
- Alleged Coup Plot: High Court briefed about high-powered government delegation to first receive intel
- Gaddafi’s ‘Flying Palace’ returns home after nearly a decade
- Man drops dead after consuming full bottle of gin during competition
- Former Minister of Energy has caused $170m loss to the state – John Jinapor
Africa Education Watch justifies 2020 WASSCE report that revealed massive leakages, malpractices
Covid-19 Delta variant: Intensify testing system at airports – Dr Amuasi advises
Contribute your quota to national development – Youth-NREG boss urges youth at 2nd Anniversary
World Bank, IMF finalising work on Ghana’s Debt Sustainability Analysis
Police have no armed robbery evidence against siblings brandishing guns in viral social media video
Strengthen guidance and counselling unit in schools to help curb suicide thoughts – Lawyer Ankomah
6 arrested during anti-human trafficking operations
Help save forestry industry – Forestry Association
Man who shot friend over ¢5 debt charged with murder
Nutrition can’t wait because of Covid-19 pandemic – Nutrition International Country Director
AstraZeneca, Sputnik V vaccines potent against Covid-19 Delta variant – GHS reacts
Euros On MGL: England beat Czech Republic to win group
Euros On MGL: Scotland’s hopes ended by Croatia
Parliament approves Okraku Mantey as Deputy Tourism Minister
T-Pain says he battled depression after Usher allegedly said he ‘f***ed up music’ with auto-tune