A Kibi Circuit Court has convicted and sentenced 19-year-old Kwadwo Boateng to nine years imprisonment for defiling a 15-year-old girl at Akyem Akropong.
Presenting the fact of the case in court, prosecuting officer Detective Inspector Salifu Kamal Gumah explained that, both the accused and the victim are residents of Akyem Akropong in the Abuakwa South Municipality of the Eastern Region.
According to him, on February 21, 2021 at around 7:00 pm, the victim was on her way to her grandmother’s house together with her two young sisters namely Akua and Ama.
Upon reaching the premesis of the accused person, he called the victim and offered her a coca cola bottled drink.
The accused Kwadwo Boateng, asked the two siblings in the company of the victim to take the lead home and wait for their sister.
Detective Inspector Gumah told the court that the victim started feeling dizzy after taking the drink and the accused succeeded in taking her to his room.
He had sex with the victim while she was unconscious.
The victim after gaining consciousness, felt pains around her vagina. Additionally, she saw blood oozing from her private part while the accused lay naked by her side.
The accused kept the victim overnight until the family realized she has not been home. They followed up to the accused’s house to rescue the young girl.
The accused’s father lodged complaint at the Police station, and the victim was issued with police medical report for examination.
According to prosecution, the medical report signed by a medical officer at the Kyebi Government hospital Dr. Ameyaw Prince Addo revealed that victim had been abused sexually.
The police charged the accused, Kwadwo Boateng for defiling a female under 16 years of age contrary to section 101 of Act 29/60.
The accused pleaded guilty with explanation in court after denying he committed the offense at the preliminary investigation stage.
His court presided by Peter Oppong- Boahen convicted and sentenced Kwadwo Boateng to 9 years imprisonment for defiling a 15 year old girl.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at Korle-bu
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former Lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- BoG was right to decline Parliament invitation; BSDI law is clear – Banking Consultant
- Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
IGP must retire for a more enthusiastic officer to take over – Security Analyst
The Ghana Premier League is revelling in one of its greatest title races – so who wins?
Livestream: PM Express discusses Labour unrest: Why so many strikes?
Surge in daylight robbery cases not surprising – Security analyst
TUTAG strike: Students of various technical universities bearing brunt
Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
FixTheCountry protestors re-emerge with #WeGoDemonstrate on social media after murder of police officer
Bawumia tasks Sports Ministry to institute National Fitness Day
Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
Tema-Mpakadan railway project to be completed in March 2022 – GRDA
Vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate: I enjoyed being a bodyguard for the Chief Vandal – Thomas Mbomba
T-Bills sale oversubscribed by 14%, as interest cost falls marginally
Petrosol gets triple ISO certification
Hubtel launches Ghana’s first ever self-service myGhQR.com portal
Paying Influencers On A Budget: 5 Ways To Pay Your Ideal Influencer.