Audio By Carbonatix
A driver of a Yutong bus who made a wrong overtaking has led to the death of a 45-year-old man and a 12-year-old girl at Akim Asafo near Suhum in the Eastern region.
A police report said on April 26 at about 1930 hours, the driver Francis Ali, aged 30 was driving a Yutong Bus with registration number GE 5124-19 with passengers on board from Accra to Bawku.
On reaching a section of the road at the outskirts of Akim Asafo near Suhum on the Accra -Kumasi highway, he made a wrong overtaking without observing traffic from the opposite direction leading to the accident.
Briefing the Ghana News Agency (GNA), Police Sergeant Francis Gomado, Public Relations Officer, Eastern Regional Police Command, said in the process the driver crashed head-on with a Mitsubishi Pajero 4×4 private car with registration number GE 1201-18.
The Mitsubishi Pajero driver now deceased was aged about 45 and a young girl aged about 12 died on the spot.
He said another victim Yaa Pokua aged 35 sustained injuries and was rushed to the Suhum Government Hospital and admitted for treatment.
Meanwhile, the bodies were removed from the scene and sent to the Suhum Government Hospital mortuary for preservation, identification, and autopsy.
Sgt Gomado added that accident vehicles had been removed from the road to allow for free flow of traffic.
Latest Stories
-
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
12 minutes -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
44 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
45 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
53 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
54 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
1 hour -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
1 hour -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
1 hour -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
1 hour -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
1 hour -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
2 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
2 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
2 hours