Round 13 fixtures of the 2022/23 Ghana Premier League were played over the weekend, with Samartex holding Hearts of Oak to a goalless draw while Dreams FC whipped Real Tamale United (RTU) 3-1.
Here’s a wrap of the action across the various match venues.
Bechem United 1-0 Medeama SC
Bechem United edged Medeama SC at Nana Fosu Gyeabour Park in the only game played on Saturday to bounce back to winning ways after losing to Samartex in midweek.
Kofi Agbesimah scored the winner from the spot deep into stoppage time.
Dreams FC 3-1 RTU
The Believers beat the Pride of the North at Dawu to go on a seven-game unbeaten run.
Agyenim Boateng opened the scoring 15 minutes in for the hosts before Issah Kuka levelled for the visitors in the 22nd minute.
Dreams FC scored twice in two minutes to take the win in the final ten minutes. Boateng bagged his brace from the spot in the 85th minute before Ali Huzaf rounded up the scoring in the 87th minute.
King Faisal 1-0 Tamale City
King Faisal’s resurgence continued with a narrow 1-0 win over Tamale City at Baba Yara Sports Stadium, losing only once in their last eight games after suffering five straight defeats at the start of the season.
Samuel Antwi scored the only goal for the In Sha Allah lads in first-half stoppage time.
Hearts Oak 0-0 Samartex
The Phobians did not find luck on their return to Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday as Samartex frustrated them to a goalless draw, the same result Matic’s side had at King Faisal at midweek.
Hearts of Oak created chances, but the Timber Giants were resilient at the back to deny the Rainbow side victory.
Kotoku Royals 0-2 Great Olympics
The Dade side recorded their first win in six games at Cape Coast Stadium against the newly-promoted club.
Samuel Ashie Quaye scored the first goal in 28 minutes before Aryeetey Ayikwei added the second in the 75th minute.
Karela United 1-0 Aduana FC
Karela ended the league leaders’ four-game unbeaten run to pick their first win in eight games. Evans Adomako scored the only goal in the 78th minute.
Asante Kotoko will travel to Bibiani to play GoldStars while Accra Lions welcome Berekum Chelsea to Accra Sports Stadium. Both games will be played at 3 pm.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation