Black Stars head coach, Otto Addo, has named his 55-man provisional team for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
The list sees the inclusion of three home-based players – Danlad Ibrahim, Dennis Korsah and Daniel Afriyie Barnieh.
Kamal Sowah, Salis Abdul Samed, Ernest Nuamah, Patrick Kpozo, Mudasiru Salifu and Mohammed Dauda are handed maiden call-ups to the national team.
Mudasiru and Kpozo have been regulars in Sheriff Tiraspol’s set-up this season and were heavily involved during their Europa League campaign.
Sowah has had a good start to the 2022/23 season for Club Brugge after returning from his loan spell at the end of the season.
Samed after sealing a move to Lens has been an integral part of the team as the club occupies the second spot on the Ligue 1 table. Nuamah has been directly involved in seven goals in 14 appearances for Nordsjaelland in the Danish league campaign.
There are returns for Abdul Mumin, Jonathan Mensah, Richmond Boakye-Yiadom, Mubarak Wakasu, Joel Fameye, Lawrence Ati-Zigi and a host of others as Addo and his technical team look set to wrap up preparations for the World Cup.
Full list below:
The Black Stars are expected to open camping ahead of the tournament on November 10 in Abu Dhabi before facing Switzerland seven days later.
Ghana will play its first game at the Mundial against Portugal on November 24.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group