President Akufo-Addo has extended his felicitations to Ghanaians as Christians celebrate the birth of Christ.
Delivering his 2022 Christmas message on Saturday, he said, “on behalf of the government, my wife Rebecca –the First Lady, my daughters, grandchildren, my entire family, I send warm greetings and best wishes for the season to all Ghanaians.”
He prayed for the celebration to bring joy to all adding that 2023 should also usher in a new year of the blessing of growth.
President Akufo-Addo further urged Ghanaians to continue to draw divine inspiration and guidance from Christmas believing the economy will bounce back.
“Let us be prepared to make the sacrifices that will enable us to build a happy progressive Ghana we all desire,” he added.
He also entreated all and sundry to celebrate Christmas safely and responsibly.
President Akufo-Addo said as the season is to spread love, therefore, “If you are in a more fortune position, remember to lend a helping hand to those who are in need.”
“Let each one of us do our best to help feed those who are hungry and offer comfort to those in distress.”
He also called on Ghanaians to be hospitable during the yuletide.
“Let us provide the famous Ghanaian hospitality to the thousands and thousands of people who are visiting us this Christmas as our capital Accra and our country Ghana have become important global destinations for the Christmas holiday.”
“Let us take the time to gather, love, listen and learn from each other and to remember that with the help of God, we can overcome every challenge and achieve every future of which we can dream,” he added.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- AfCOPS President files nomination to contest Muntaka at Asawase constituency
- Full Text: Keynote speech by John Mahama on political financing in Ghana at UPSA
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia