Four people have been shot and severely injured after police say some men numbering 20 opened fire on dozens of mourners at Kasoa Ofaakor in the Awutu Senya East Municipality of the Central Region.
A police source says the attack began around 7:00 pm yesterday when Asafo companies and Baamuhene of Odupong Ofaakor were performing the rituals necessary before the burial of the late Akyeamehene of Odupong Ofaakor Nana Kojo Amoashie.
Five of the perpetrators have been arrested by the Kasoa Divisional Police patrol team.
In an interview with Adom News, the Odikro of Kasoa, Nana Nai Darko Ankrah an eyewitness said, the armed men came to the scene to steal the dead body of the late Akyeamehene.
He said those who were injured have been sent to the Kasoa Polyclinic and Winneba Trauma and Specialist Centre.
The Tufuhene of Odupong Ofaakor, Kojo Asuman who also spoke to Adom News, called on the IGP to make sure justice prevails in this matter since some perpetrators have been arrested.
Investigations into the matter are currently ongoing.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Alpha Beta Christian College wins 2nd Inter-School Girls Debate Championship
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – Samuel Mahama
- MFWA to hold national-level forum on misinformation, peace and democratic consolidation today
- MFWA builds capacity of journalists in fact-checking
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi