Over 40 persons have been displaced following a fire outbreak at a compound house at Anloga Junction in Kumasi of the Ashanti Region.
The fire is said to have started in a tenant’s room about 2:00 pm on Saturday and spread fast to adjoining rooms destroying properties running into thousands of cedis.
At least 10 out of 13 rooms together with shops were razed down but the fire.
Fortunately, no casualties were recorded.
According to the Manhyia Fire Commander DO I, Amos Abban in the bid to douse the flame, the KNUST fire engine which was dispatched to the scene requested for pumps and Manhyia fire tender was dispatched to support the firefighting which was brought under control at 3:44 pm.
He said preliminary investigation indicated that the fire may have been caused by “electrical issues”.
In his view, the fire intensified when residents tried to put out the flame by themselves.
“Sometimes when the issue comes people try to fight the fire themselves or they don’t call the right number so this might have caused the fire to spread very fast”, the fire officer noted adding that: “It is an old house and we suspect there are some problems with the cable system.”
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group