Audio By Carbonatix
The Western Regional Director of Ghana Health Service (GHS) has said that 75 students drawn from 13 educational institutions in the region have tested positive for the COVID-19 disease.
Naa Dr Jacob Mahama said, out of the total samples of 324 collected from schools in nine districts, 75 tested positive with 125 testing negative while 124 cases were pending.
According to the Health Director, the singular most important disease outbreak in the region had been Covid-19, recording a total of 2,467 cases out of which 2,216 have been discharged with six deaths as of July 23, 2020.
Addressing the media in the region on the theme, "Continuing Quality Health Service Delivery Amid Covid-19 Pandemic Challenges" he emphasised that despite the unprecedented strain on the surveillance facilities and capabilities in the region due to Covid-19, the Directorate continued to improve in all its surveillance indicators.
Schools with positive cases included Nsien SHS with 26 cases with no pending case, Shama SHS 19 with no pending case, Asankragwa Nursing and Midwifery Training School six cases with no pending case, Adiembra SHS six with nine pending cases, Archbishop Porter Girls SHS four with 72 pending, and St. Augustine SHS three with two pending cases.
The rest were St. John’s SHS two with four pending cases, Ahantaman Girls SHS two with three pending cases, Sekondi College two with two pending cases, University of Mines and Technology one case with no pending results, Fiaseman SHS also had one case with no pending results, Prestea SHS one case with 10 pending results and Huni-Valley SHS recorded one case with one pending results.
Meanwhile, schools with no recorded positive cases but have cases pending are, Asankragwa SHS, Asankragwa Secondary Technical, Gwiraman SHS, and Takoradi Technical University all recording a suspected case each while Baidoo Bonsoe SHS recorded three, Takoradi Technical Institute. two and Amenfiman SHS five suspected cases.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
7 minutes -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
1 hour -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
1 hour -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
1 hour -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
3 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
3 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
3 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
3 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
3 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
3 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
3 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
5 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General SuperintendentÂ
5 hours