Audio By Carbonatix
The Education Minister, Yaw Osei Adutwum, has debunked claims of enrolling his son in a private Senior High School (SHS).
Expressing his disappointment with the reportage, he noted that the purported allegation is a mere political game some individuals have employed to downplay the impact of government’s flagship Free Senior High School (SHS) policy.
The educationist, therefore, said the misleading claim should be treated with the contempt it deserves.
"I think politics has taken a new law, my son should never be part of my political career and secondly, I don’t have a son who is old enough to be in a senior high school," he said.
His comment comes at the back of a report claiming that, the Minister for Education has enrolled his son into a private SHS due to challenges facing the programme.
Last week, the Ministry of Education and government’s flagship Free SHS policy came under scrutiny concerning some challenges in the implementation of the programme.
Stakeholders, including parents and school authorities, cited lack of accommodation facilities resulting in students sleeping on the floor, congestion in classrooms, inconvenience relating to erratic schedules for the double-track system, poor quality of food served to students, as some of the challenges confronting the smooth implementation of the Free SHS programme.
But, the Bosomtwe MP, addressing the media on Sunday, June 6, disclosed that his outfit is addressing the challenges faced in the education sector and assured of a robust education system that will stand the test of time.
Despite the challenges, Mr Adutwum added that, the country can boast of the best and quality public educational institutions.
"We have the best senior high schools in the public sector," he stressed. Â Â
Latest Stories
-
Pressure mounts as Arsenal blow 2-goal lead to draw at Wolves
7 minutes -
Club Brugge fight back to leave Atletico tie delicately poised
17 minutes -
Benfica claim ‘defamation campaign’ against Prestianni
26 minutes -
Sinner and Alcaraz reach Qatar quarter-finals
34 minutes -
Kenpong Travel and Tours to launch 2026 World Cup travel package on Friday
40 minutes -
‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
42 minutes -
Provider – A new gospel anthem of faith, hope, and divine supply
50 minutes -
MOBA heads to Accra Ridge for 11th National Conference on Feb 21
58 minutes -
Ghana’s Doris Quainoo clocks new PB 8.23s to claim second place at Jarvis City Invite
1 hour -
Spain luxury hotel scammer booked rooms for one cent, police say
1 hour -
Zuckerberg defends Meta in landmark social media addiction trial
1 hour -
Suspected carbon-monoxide leak kills at least 30 miners in Nigeria, witnesses say
2 hours -
First Lady hails police as stolen Mamprobi baby is found and reunited with family
2 hours -
Ford Foundation’s president Heather Gerken makes first official visit to Nigeria
2 hours -
Telecel TurnUp shuts down UG with biggest campus party
2 hours
