Audio By Carbonatix
The District Chief Executive (DCE) of Bosome Freho in the Ashanti Region has been suspended with immediate effect.
This follows his alleged involvement in illegal mining otherwise known as 'galamsey' in his area.
A letter signed by the Local Government Minister, Dan Botwe said the suspension is to allow for an investigation into the matter.

The Minister has since been directed to provide oversight responsibility for the management and administrative issues concerning the district until further notice.
An audio that circulated some weeks ago implicated the DCE in illegal mining activities.
He is said to have been engaged in dealings and transactions linked to mining concessions in the district.
Subsequently, some Assembly members called on the President to take action against the DCE.
Speaking with MMDCEs at a meeting over Galamsey last week, President Akufo-Addo indicated that Mr Danso had been summoned to defend himself against the allegations.
“Your colleague in Bosome Freho has been summoned by the Minister for Local Government to come and answer [questions over the accusations], and depending on the quality of his response we will decide what the future holds for him,” the President said.
Latest Stories
-
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
30 minutes -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
1 hour -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
1 hour -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
2 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
2 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
2 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
2 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
2 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
2 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
3 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
3 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
3 hours
