Audio By Carbonatix
The Attorney General, Dr Dominic Ayine, has withdrawn all charges against one of the co-accused persons in the ongoing criminal case involving the former Director General of the National Signals Bureau (NSB), Kwabena Adu-Boahene, after she agreed to testify for the prosecution.
According to a notice filed at the High Court in Accra on October 15, 2025, Mildred Donkor, the 3rd accused person, has been discharged from prosecution under Section 59 of the Criminal and Other Offences (Procedure) Act, 1960 (Act 30).
The document, signed by the Deputy Attorney General, Dr Justice Srem-Sai, stated that Ms Donkor is being withdrawn from prosecution in respect of all charges brought against her.
She is expected to appear as a prosecution witness in the ongoing trial against Mr Adu-Boahene (1st Accused), Angela Adjei Boateng (2nd Accused), and Advantage Solutions Limited (4th Accused).
In her witness statement, Ms Donkor detailed her long working relationship with Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng, whom she described as acquaintances she met through the Cedar Mountain Assemblies of God Church in East Legon, Accra.
According to her, she became a director of Advantage Solutions Limited at the request of Mr Adu-Boahene (A1), who needed a second director to meet registration requirements. Ms Donkor said that although she was listed as a director, she had no decision-making power and only acted on instructions from Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng (A2).
“I took no major decisions – whether financial, operational or strategic – on my own. I followed the instructions of A1 and A2,” she said in her statement.
Ms Donkor told prosecutors that she managed several transactions on behalf of the accused, including the withdrawal and delivery of large cash sums from bank accounts belonging to Advantage Solutions Limited and another firm, BNC Communications Bureau Limited.
She revealed that Mr Adu-Boahene and Madam Adjei Boateng provided her with pre-signed cheque books, allowing her to fill in amounts as instructed and withdraw sums ranging from GH¢2,000 to GH¢1 million at a time. She added that an indemnity letter had been lodged with the bank to authorise her to make withdrawals as a third party.
According to her, she routinely delivered the withdrawn cash either directly to Mr Adu-Boahene, Madam Adjei Boateng, or to Madam Margaret Aba Donkor, identified as Mr Adu-Boahene’s mother.
In one transaction she cited, Madam Adjei Donkor said Mr Adu-Boahene directed the transfer of GH¢2.5 million from the account of BNC Communications Bureau Limited to I-ZAR Limited, a company owned by Rashida Saani, on April 29, 2020.
She added that she had never been formally employed by Advantage Solutions Limited, had no contractual terms, and acted purely on ad hoc instructions from the two main accused persons.
Latest Stories
-
Woman found dead at Dzodze
14 minutes -
Nana Aba Anamoah rates Mahama’s performance
42 minutes -
Ghana selects Bryant University as World Cup base camp
2 hours -
Nana Aba Anamoah names Doreen Andoh and Kwasi Twum as her dream interviewees
2 hours -
Religious Affairs Minister urges Christians to embrace charity and humility as Lent begins
3 hours -
Religious Affairs Minister calls for unity as Ramadan begins
3 hours -
Willie Colón, trombonist who pioneered salsa music, dies aged 75
4 hours -
Ga Mantse discharged from UGMC following Oti Region accident
4 hours -
Guardiola tells team to chill with cocktails as Man City pile pressure on Arsenal
4 hours -
Majority blasts Minority over Burkinabe border bloodbath claims
6 hours -
Analyst says Burkina Faso killings were a calculated signal to Ghana
6 hours -
Veep extends Ramadan greetings, donates to Cape Coast Central Mosque
7 hours -
Watch the moment President Mahama visited the Ga Mantse at UGMC after horrific accident
7 hours -
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
9 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
9 hours
