Defending champions AC Milan resumed their Serie campaign with a 2-1 win at Salernitana to temporarily close the gap to leaders Napoli to five points.
After a seven-week break for the World Cup and the festive season, Milan strengthened their place in second before Napoli’s match against Inter Milan later on Wednesday.
Portugal international Rafael Leao opened the scoring after 10 minutes after rounding Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa.
Sandro Tonali, who set up the opener, then drove home from inside the box to extend the lead with his second goal of the season.
Salernitana’s Federico Bonazzoli capitalised on Lassana Coulibaly’s deep cross for a consolation goal late on.
Tonali said: “We were almost perfect because we could have scored one or two more goals to win more comfortably.
“We’re aware of the importance of what we did last season, we’ll defend the title to the last bead of sweat we’ll leave on the pitch.”
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display