The new nominee for the position of the District Chief Executive (DCE) for Adaklu in the Volta Region has been rejected during a confirmation process.
Out of the total number of 19 members of the Assembly, Mrs. Juliana Kpedekpo got 9 votes with 10 voting against her, representing 47.36 percent.
This was after officials from the Electoral Commission who supervised the confirmation process announced the results.
Mrs. Kpedekpo is now the third nominee to suffer an outright rejection in a series after unsuccessful attempts by the Assembly to endorse the first nominee, Mr. Phanuel Kadey Donkor, who was re-nominated.
Mr. Bright Kwame Nyatsikor also suffered a second rejection by members of the Assembly on December 17, last year.
Reverend Fred Agbogbo, the Presiding Member of the Assembly, in a message after the exercise, called for broader consultations with the elders and stakeholders from the area before nominating someone to occupy the DCE position since things are not going the way it was supposed to.
Mrs. Kpedekpo holds an MSc in Accounting and Finance and is the Financial Secretary of the NPP in Adaklu.
In attendance was Dr. Archibald Yao Letsa, the Volta Regional Minister
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Nogokpo remains the spiritual gateway to Ghana – Fiator Agbodzalu Amuzu
- Focus on your presidential ambition and leave me alone – Annoh-Dompreh tells Kennedy Agyapong
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Malaria Prevention: Ghana explores game-changing app solution with Zzapp Malaria
- NPP and NDC take campaign in Assin North to the next level
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- West Ham United beat Fiorentina to win Conference League
- Green Ghana: About 70% of trees planted in 2021 and 2022 survived- Deputy Lands Minister
- Driver and mate narrowly escape death as sprinter bus submerges in Okyereko river
- NSMQ23: Berekum Methodist SHTS defeats Drobo SHS to make debut appearance on national stage
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Real Madrid agree 103m euro deal to sign Jude Bellingham
- Let’s collaborate to halt climate change – Lands Minister to academia
- Our focus in Ashanti is to increase votes – Sammy Gyamfi
- Green & Blue Festival delegation calls on Pope Francis to help mitigate devastating effects of climate change
- Baby Jet U-16 Tournament kicks off in Cape Coast
- Two in custody for assaulting ECG Officials
- WorldFaze Studio and Residency attracting creatives across Accra