Addai-Akosah Brimpong, a 14-year old Accra-based student, is the winner of Joy FM’s exciting and entertaining Family Pop Quiz Mini Series.
The grande finale of the quiz came on Sunday, November 6, at the plush Labadi Beach Hotel, hosted by Edem Knight-Tay.
After a fiercely contested four-round battle in the grande finale, Addai-Akosah who had aimed for the topmost spot, scored 38 points to cling onto the ultimate prize, with only a point away from the first-runner up.
An elated Addai-Akosah couldn’t hide his truest feelings. “I’m excited to win, and to go to Singapore”, he said, after been crowned winner. “This also means everything to me, because I’ll meet children from other countries in Singapore and I’ll also have a story to tell my younger siblings later in Ghana.
Young Addai-Akosah Brimpong flies to Singapore in an all-expense paid educational and fun trip in December. He will embark on an adventurous visit to Disney, a robotics workshop, and join children from other countries for a gala dinner night. The Family Life International School student will also attend the Young Achievers Leadership Academy (YALA) Camp 2022, while in Singapore.
Apart from the sumptuous trip package for Addai-Akosah for winning the contest, sponsored by the Ghana Olympiad Academy, Joy FM presented him with a goodie bag, while Labadi Beach Hotel offered him boxes of Pizza, as well as a lunch buffet.
In his all-important post-quiz speech, he expressed sincere gratitude to all parties involved in the quiz. “I want to thank the Ghana Olympiad Academy for giving us this opportunity to do this. I also want to thank Joy FM for accepting me into the competition and eventually winning it”.
He didn’t fail to acknowledge his maker, family and colleagues too. “I’d like to thank God almighty for getting me this far. Thanks to my parents for signing me up in the first place and being here to support me as well. I also like to congratulate my fellow contestants, they did very well in the competition”, Addai-Akosah said.
His parents were equally excited about the win for their son. Nana Yaa Assah, a midwife, and mother of the proud winner of the Joy FM Family Pop Quiz Mini-Series revealed, “I am so excited and I believe it’s the dream of every parent to see their child emerge winner in any competition. We came as winners, and by the grace of God we have won”.
Other contestants who competed in the grande finale were 1st runner-up Ekua Boa Enchil who scored 37 points, and 2nd runner up Jessica Esinam Tay-Azumah with 34 points. Karen Amponsah and Ayeyi Ofoe – Collins ended the final contest in a tie, with 31 points each. All contestants walked home with goodie bags from Joy FM, pizzas and lunch buffet packages from Labadi Beach Hotel.
The Joy FM Family Pop Quiz Mini Series started on October 9, with the aim of engaging teenagers who dared to exhibit their level of intelligence in a radio quiz. Each week, all participants were required to answer a set of questions in English Language, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. Each episode of the Mini-Series proved to be exciting, educative and fun.
The Joy FM Family Pop Quiz Mini-Series was sponsored by the Ghana Olympiad Academy.
- Former NSMQ ‘shark’ now lives in pain due to Bipolar disorder, needs help
- Martin Kpebu recalls 18 unfulfilled promises by Akufo-Addo
- Kingpin in ‘School Placement for Sale’ used to work at Education Ministry canteen – Kwasi Kwarteng
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- Man dies after falling from Puerto Rico cliff while filming a TikTok video
- We are not concerned about tradability of our bonds – Martin Kpebu replies Finance Ministry
- Alan admits worsening economic conditions will affect NPP’s chances in 2024 general elections
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- I don’t want the President’s hand in investigating Bawku killings – Ayariga
- All you need to know about the Gold for Oil programme
- Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan’s ex-president, dies aged 79
- Encourage China to support our debt restructuring efforts – Akufo-Addo to Germany
- Conference of Regional Chief Imams reaffirms commitment to unite for development
- Sebastien Haller scores first goal after cancer recovery
- Rashford scores again as Man United go third
- Kamaldeen Sulemana, Antoine Semenyo make Premier League debuts
- CHAN 2022: Senegal beat Algeria on penalties to clinch title
- 84 students inducted into the Ghana School of Law, Kumasi campus
- Genesis of short hairstyle in Ghana’s schools
- Life in a glazing building in Aburi, a couple shares experiences on rising temperatures
- Hundreds of Kumasi residents participate in Luv FM’s Fitness Walk
- Tamale North MP calls for ‘national debt forum’ to discuss DDEP
- Samson’s Take: The curse of leadership in Africa
- Resource Special Prosecutor to fight corruption – GII on Ghana’s poor ranking in CPI report
- We’re holding our bonds based on assurances from Finance Minister – Kpebu