Audio By Carbonatix
Milovan Rajevac will not bring in new names into the Black Stars team should both Mohammed Kudus and Felix Afena-Gyan not make the squad for the Africa Cup of Nations, Joy Sports understands.
The Black Stars head coach, earlier this month named his provisional 30-man squad for next month's tournament as they start their preparations for the AFCON.
Rajevac's provisional squad included Kudus, who is currently on the treatment table having come off in Ghana's final group game for the 2022 World Cup qualifier against South Africa last month.
The versatile midfielder was initially ruled out for the rest of the year by Ajax head coach, Erik ten Hag following his return to the Netherlands after the game.
AS Roma's Afena-Gyan was also included in the squad, having turned down a call-up prior to the games in the last international break.
Following the squad announcement, Ajax has already said it is unlikely Kudus will be able to join the national team as he is yet to recover from his injury.
Afena-Gyan is also reported to be keen on staying at his club to continue his development under Jose Mourinho, who has given the youngster continuous opportunities since his debut back in October.
Considering the widespread reports from the camps of both players, Joy Sports understands Kudus or Afena-Gyan fail to turn up for the final preparations, Rajevac will not name a replacement in the squad as he is said to be happy with the options at his disposal.
The tournament will kick off in Cameroon on January 9, 2022, with the final being played on February 6.
Latest Stories
-
The Great African Divergence: Why the dream of a borderless Africa is a dangerous premature reality
6 minutes -
Association of Banks CEO hails “unpalatable” decision to save COCOBOD from collapse
9 minutes -
New nuclear talks between US and Iran begin in Geneva
20 minutes -
Why “good enough” is destroying Ghana’s fashion manufacturing future
21 minutes -
Gov’t is impoverishing cocoa farmers—Awal Mohammed
29 minutes -
US civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies aged 84
31 minutes -
Bond market: Turnover declines 42.47% to GH¢2.27bn
36 minutes -
Ghana faces 130 million gallon daily water supply deficit — GWL
37 minutes -
Benjamin Asare ‘not at the level’ of Black Stars – Fmr Kotoko management member
40 minutes -
GFA Prez Kurt Okraku targets AFCON triumph
42 minutes -
GWL MD identifies Kasoa as major hub of illegal water connections
43 minutes -
‘He subjected me to constant, severe, chronic violence’ — Woman breaks 50-year silence on alleged abuse by Pastor father
56 minutes -
Illegal connections cost GWL GH₵8.6 Million between August–December 2025
1 hour -
WPL 2025/26: Hasaacas Ladies move to top of Southern Zone as Ampem Darkoa continue lead
1 hour -
Ghana Water Limited needs over GH₵3.5bn to replace ageing pipelines — MD
2 hours
