Isabel Dos Santos, daughter of Angola’s former President.
REUTERS/Toby Melville
Audio By Carbonatix
Lawyers representing Isabel dos Santos - the daughter of the former president of Angola - say they are not aware of any arrest warrant issued against her by Interpol.
She is accused of embezzlement and money laundering whilst head of the national oil company and has denied any wrongdoing.
Her Angolan assets have been frozen.
On Friday the Portuguese press reported that an international warrant had been issued following a request by the Angolan prosecutor's office.
They reported that the warrant says Isabel dos Santos is often in Portugal, the UK and the United Arab Emirates.
Interpol has not issued a public statement.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
UBIDS secures $6.6m prefabricated classroom complex to end space deficit
2 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana Foundation deepens childhood cancer awareness drive; invests $4.8m in community health
3 hours -
Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown
3 hours -
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
4 hours -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
5 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
5 hours -
Gomoa-East demolition: 14 suspects remanded by Kasoa Ofaakor Court
6 hours -
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
7 hours -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
8 hours -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
8 hours -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
8 hours -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
8 hours -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
8 hours -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
9 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
9 hours
